Sunday, April 6

Future Me email

I don't know if you've seen Futureme.org, but it's really cool. Basically, you can write an email to yourself in the future. It holds the email for a set amount of time (more than a year) then sends it to an email address you specify.

Last year I sent a future me email to myself on Zoe's birthday (which, as the audience of this blog knows, was yesterday). I was really touched to get a response. Even though I'm horrible with social niceities like staying in touch, it made me tickeled to do this for myself.

Here, in redacted form, is my futureme email from last year (warning, parts are kind of sad). Also, I can't spell very well.

Dear FutureMe,

So, Zoe turns two today! Happy birthday Zoe! And Owen will soon be four! I hope you and future B are planning something fun for them. Probably Linda and Lisa will come over for a big thing with the Andelmen and their new batch of kids. I guess the triplets should be celebrating their first birthday soon. Man, I hope that's working out well for them.

I also hope you're into the new house. As I'm writing this, I'm getting over a kidney infection (remember that?) and having trouble sleeping. We're moving into the new house in three days, and Bridgette is quitting her job at Wilmer at the end of this week. It's also Zoe and Owen's last week with Aster, which has me strangely very sad. Aster has been so good to them, expecially Owen, and I know they have a really strong bond. We've been lucky to have her. I really hope that you would (will? do?) say the same thing about their childcare as you read this.

. . .

Owen is absolutely wonderful. He's really into books and balls. His vocabulary is exploding like crazy; I love it! Today he asked if I still felt sick and when I said I did he said "I'm sorry to hear that Daddy" as though he was 50. He's such a caring boy, especially for his age.

Zoe is great too. She's doing more cruising on teh sides of chairs and furniture, and, more than anything, her personality is really starting to emerge. I think Owen is more like B in that he doesn't need a lot of external social interaction, but Zoe is definitely like me in that she wants to make sure she's interacting with everyone in the room. She's got the greatest smile too.

Gran's health isn't doing well, and I worry that'll be a challenge for you in the next year.

. . .

I also hope you've finally gotten around to a regular exercise routine. . . . I suppose I have some control over that.

Anyway, Happy Birthday to Zoe.

Take care of yourself Matt. And take care of your family.

Present me

No comments: