Tuesday, March 14

Clinton is out

Ok, I hear you. Clinton is out. I think the point Sue and Mom made is spot on; the only viable nickname is "Clint." It would inevitably be "Clint." I can't handle "Clint." I've known some nice Clints, or, well, one nice Clint. But I'm not sure he isn't an outlier. For what it's worth, the tacit assumption of Mom's post and Sue's post, that the associations with Bill Clinton are accidental, is kind of off. I like the name because of the association with 42.

And, I feel your pain Jess. If we bring the next Varner girl into the world with Baby Y, I'd be psyched too. Although I'd also be psyched if Baby Y is a boy. It's kind of nice how much Bridgette and I have kept our thoughts about which sex we'd prefer from creeping in. I really think we'd both be happy either way; which is nice for whatever Baby Y is. Unless, of course, Baby Y is Portugese; I can't abide that.

But, if you have a particular name that you think is particularly nice, feel free to post it here. We're coming up on the home stretch so things are kind of starting to lock in a little bit, but I'm always eager to hear a good suggestion. You may want to test drive any such name here first, it's a nice popularity meter for names. We're kind of trying to stay away from the very popular names (apparently like Owen, which was the 66th most popular name in 2004).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Isabelle for a girl--how about that?

Sue

Anonymous said...

Alas, although I agree that Isabelle is very pretty, Isabella was the seventh most popular name in 2004, according to Social Security.

Anonymous said...

Are we still limited to names that are appropriate for either gender?

Jess said...

I love Lillian (Lily for short) and Eleanor (Ella for short). Although those might be the ones I use for my child. We also love Anna (but I think this is a finalist for us) and Paula, and Kate (Kaitlyn, Kathryn, Mary Kate).

Mark said Wendy. He also said "May." But then he burst into a fit of giggles.

The other ones I like are surely too popular - although maybe the others are, too. I just didn't check.

Grace
Chloe
Hannah
Emma (I know this is way too popular. It may even be too popular for us).

Jess said...

For a boy, Cooper.

Cooper Kaiser

Cooper Pooper Scooper.

Maybe not.

Jess said...

Oh, one more name I like:

Avery