Monday, May 29

Recent events - Zoe

Zoe is growing by leaps and bounds. She's given me some really good smiles this weekend, and (B reports) she's eating 27 hours a day now. She does seem to be in a big growth spurt, but she's sleeping through the night (or 6 hours of it, which, for a 7 week old, is just ducky).

The nicest thing though is that her personality is really starting to emerge. She smiles easily, and there are a few dorky daddy-Zoe games that can reliably get a smile out of her. She spent some good time sleeping on my chest as well this weekend, though I'm really afraid that time is drawing to a close. I think Saturday she slept for about 4 hours on my chest. And, she's almost grown out of her 0-3 month clothes.

It's funny, but I do think I relate to her differently because of her sex. I don't quite know how, but I roughhouse a little more gently with her, and I tend to coo more when I talk to her. Or maybe I'm just comparing how I am with Owen now with how I treat her, and now how I was with Owen at her age. It's so hard to tell. But she definitely looks like a girl to me now, whereas before she seemed less definitely gendered.

No comments: