Wednesday, October 25

Election prediction

This isn't normally where I indulge my non-child interests, but I am now going to make a prediction about the mid-term elections.  Please note, this isn't what I want to see happen, it's what I think will happen.
 
I predict the Democrats will take control of zero houses of Congress.
 
Again, I don't want to see this happen, but my read is that the number of races that are too close to call is higher than the number of seats needed to take either house, (see, e.g., this polling breakdown) and, for that reason, I think the Republican turnout machine is going to thwart the anti-Republican surge.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, dear God, let's hope that doesn't happen!! I'm actually holding my breath til it's all over.

Anonymous said...

Well Matt is a philosophy guy. He does have a law degree and he does live inside the Beltway. So is he Delphic in his oracalizing. Probably not. The Democrats will take the House. The swing seats in tiny races in Ohio and Pennsylvania do not show up much. But the Dems will pick up at least 20 seats, enuf to gain the House.

The Senate is another matter. All the Dems have to do is win 2 of 4. They will. Maryland. Virginia and Missouri will do it. So M is wrong in his predictions. Gladly so

Jess said...

this makes me cry. if this is the case then i will lose all faith in humanity.

that is all.