Saturday, April 8

Owen and Zoe

Owen and Zoe seem to be getting along pretty well.  Owen really likes to kiss his sister, and he seems interested in her, but he isn't really sure what she can do. 

This morning he and I were reading and playing after he got up but before B and Z did, and when he heard her (Zoe) cry, he yelled "baby" and starting running up the stairs.  I think he's a little disappointed that she can't play much, but he still really likes staring at her and helping with small things liking handing B or I things as we tend to her.

We're still a little confused as to how to manage them both.  I think we're each living in a little bit of fear of the first time one of us has to cover both of them.  Now we play man-on-man, normally with me watching Owen while B watches Zoe (that works a little better than the other way around because (a) unlike B, I can lift Owen and (b) unlike me, B can breastfeed Zoe).  It works pretty well, but I think Owen is chafing for lack of mom-time.  I'm hoping we can work on that in the next few days.

No comments: