Monday, April 24

Owen developments

Owen said "please"!! This has been really exciting for us. He still says it in a kind of needy urgent way for things which are frankly not that urgent (e.g., help linking legos for a tower), but still, he says it!

Also, Owen has a new shape sorter. It's four shapes (square, rectangle, circle and triangle), each shape has four colors (yellow, blue, red and green). Owen has been repeatedly putting them in the pattern in that parenthetical (and this one - yellow, blue, red and green). As he does it he kind of makes this barely audible moan. And the freaky thing is that he will always put the shapes back in the same order. I've dumped the shapes in a pile, and he always moves staight to them and puts them back in order. I've tried tricking him by switching the green and blue shapes when the lights are low, but he always notices and switches them back. I have no idea why this order is so fanatically important to him. My best theory is that he's somehow communicating with aliens, and that this is the transponder that allows them to lock on to their landing location. I've asked Owen to tell them that they should kill B, Zoe and I quickly, rather than having us suffer before death like the rest of you will. Owen doesn't respond, but I think he'll finish off Bridgette and Zoe quickly. I'll have to be tortured first, because our new alien overlords will want to know why I kept sabotaging their communications equipment.

No comments: